Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Paper Goods

Basically, I do know how to crochet, make up my own little patterns and stitches and create items.  But there's always room to learn more, and a few days ago I went to Michael's (I had a 25% off coupon - check out their site because they occasionally have these if you are on their mailing list)... where was I - Oh yes,  in the yarn section where they have a lot of books and patterns, I found this:

The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet by Margaret Hubert, who is part of Craftside, which I just discovered as well:  http://craftside.typepad.com/ Not only does it have a ton of different stitches, it also has lots of little projects (as you can see, I made some flowers, which I will incorporate in a vest later) and...  tada!  I finally found a stitch I had been looking for for at least 30 years; ever since I made two little jackets for the twins of my friend in Switzerland.  I lost the instructions long ago, and the name, and there it was in Margaret Hubert's book, on page 131: The STAR Stitch.  Whoohoo..  I must make something in that stitch again, soon.

Meanwhile, speaking of paper, I created a new TP hanger.  Our handy man, when retiling, forgot to install one so I made this from one of the many "raw materials" in our yard, and some leftover bangles from my belly dancing days... et voila...  hanging from the shower door always within reach:



~ Tranquility and Tolerance ~

No comments:

Post a Comment