Monday, July 4, 2011

Something old, something new

I had a few old aunts who knitted and crocheted.  One of them almost sixty years ago gave this little thingamajig to my mother, who gave it to me.  It is a clever little thing, about four inches in diameter - can you guess what it is?











I also made my first (and probably last) ruffle scarf and it did not come out at all as expected. Actually way large but nevertheless wearable and warm and it can be manipulated into a kind of circular collar with ruffles down the front.   

Done with the scarves for now as well, way too hot for anything woollie down here in Socal.

 It looks more like a giant insect..... and seems to take on a life of its own.  
it is knitted in just pearl stitch with a border of matching multi colored eye lash yarn.
  


It is the Fourth of July - very troubled about the state of distress of our country and the world.



~ Tranquility and Tolerance ~



No comments:

Post a Comment