Friday, October 14, 2011

Alisa Burke's Sew Wild!

Yesterday I received my order from Amazon which included "Sew Wild", a wonderful book about creating projects with mixed media, by Alisa Burke:





I had heard and read a lot about this book lately and nothing but very positive and complimentary comments.  The book is very inexpensive: less than $18 at Amazon, it even includes a DVD with "how to"  demonstrations, and after reading the first twenty pages I had learned  more about colors, the color wheel, color combinations and working with them,  than I ever knew before.

There are fantastic ideas for all sorts of fabric and mixed media arts in this book and every process has step by step instructions and lists of materials needed, which usually are very minimal.

Alisa Burke's Recycled Paper Clutch, Series 400

I love to work with fabric scraps, paints of all kind and free hand machine sewing, making collages.  If you do too, you must get this book full of very valuable information, ideas, and tips about rather simple processes which produce wonderful results.  Buy one for your friends too!

 

ALISA BURKE, my new heroine!




~ Tranquility and Tolerance ~

No comments:

Post a Comment