Saturday, February 5, 2011

Chester's Shells

Remember I told you about my father-in-law,  Chester, the collector?   Perhaps dumpster diver is a more appropriate term.  Anyway,  he also collected tons of shells, very large ones, and smaller ones.  The large ones are in the yard, but I thought I should make something with the smaller ones.  The collection is quite extensive.  I have been on a lot of different beaches  but many of these shells I had never seen before.  Here's my shell wreath, and thank you Chet, for carting it all home!

The base is one of those grapevine wreaths you can get inexpensively at Michael's or Joann's.  I used the glue gun (liberally) to attach the shells.  Oh, and do this with the wreath lying flat and do not pick it up until the glue is thoroughly dried.  Shells tend to slide a bit on the glue.

After that I attached some small bunches of silk flowers for a little color, et voilà!  Bet Chet would like it.
   
~ Tranquility and Tolerance ~

No comments:

Post a Comment